In response to the ongoing COVID-19 health crisis, our Sangha has moved to ONLINE ONLY (as of March 17, 2020).
POC SANGHA meets online every Thursday, 7:30 – 9 PM PST.
To ensure our community’s health and well-being, EBMC has now closed our center’s in-person meetings and is moving all of our Practice Groups, Programs Classes, Deep Refuge Groups, Movement Classes and Retreats to ONLINE ONLY.
How to access the Sangha via Zoom
Information will be shared in POC Sangha Facebook group, and our Mailing List (sign up to the right) via Zoom.
How to Zoom
Getting started from your computer (Windows or Mac)
Click on the link in an invitation email or a link for a practice group above. You will be prompted to download the Zoom software, which is very quick. (You can alternatively download the Zoom app on a mobile device.)
After launching Zoom, we recommend you join a test meeting if you want to test your audio and familiarize yourself with meeting controls.
Joining a Class or Practice Group
- Click on the link for your practice group, listed above, or click on the link sent in an email for your class.
- Alternately, after launching Zoom, click Join a meeting to join a meeting without signing in. (You don’t have to sign up for an account to join a meeting but you can choose to create a free account if desired. Then Join a meeting that is in progress)
- Enter the 9 digit meeting number for your class or practice group
- Select if you would like to connect audio and/or video and click Join.
- * Please ensure that you are on mute! * When you join the Zoom meeting, hover your cursor over the bottom of your computer screen or look for the microphone icon and the word “Mute.” Click on it and it will turn red with a diagonal slash. This means you are muted. You can click on it again to unmute if the teacher has a Question and Answer period and you wish to ask a question.
Please visit East Bay Meditation Center’s website for information about additional Sanghas that are meeting online.
About Our Sangha
The People of Color Sangha is a group of people of color waking up and getting free! Sangha is the Pali and Sanskrit word for assembly and community, and is used to describe a group of people who come together to practice meditation and mindfulness together.
Every Thursday we gather to meditate, share the teachings of liberation, and celebrate this precious life. Our inspiring teachers guide the sangha in practices which support us in learning to live more fully in the present moment.
The People of Color Sangha was officially launched in December of 2006 with a small group of dedicated practitioners. The goal of the sangha is bring mindfulness into our daily lives and move into greater states of love, joy and clarity. We come together as a community of people of color for meditation, practice and resilience, to support each other and provide a balm to soothe our continued work forward.
We welcome new members whether you are new to meditation or have been practicing for years. Join us in creating a world in which we walk with compassion and inner peace.
“A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history.” – Gandhi
“Beloved community is formed not by the eradication of difference but by its affirmation, by each of us claiming the identities and cultural legacies that shape who we are and how we live in the world.” -bell hooks